Recovery over the weekend.

Can't believe it! A week has passed. And tomorrow its back to work for me. :(:(:(

I am expecting a shitload of emails to clear. When I left for my medical leave last Friday, the number of unread emails stood at 180. I will update again tomorrow on the status. Lol.

Anyway, back to my teeth now. So the stinging pain? Gone by Saturday morning. Though over the weekend, all I tasted in my mouth was oxidised Fe (ie. Rust = Blood). I believe the blood must have come from the stitches in between the gum and my last tooth. Missing was also the feeling of an ulcer, so I can swallow normally. A trick I found which helps to alleviate the pain was to drink super ice cold plain water. The coldness helps to numb the pain and I chose plain water because I wanted to reduce the risk of an infection (and also for hygiene purposes since I won't be brushing that part of my teeth for the next 1 week).

However, now I sort of can feel a downward pull on my left jaw, like as if I went for a plastic surgery to tighten the surrounding skin. This feeling was more pronounced after the dinner I had this evening.

Oh yes, I had my fill of satays, bbq chicken, seashells and stingray at East Coast food village! (My dad's treat for mum's birthday. We got her a leather wallet from Braun Buffel to replace her worn-to-death one). Please don't be shocked. You know how people tell you wisdom tooth extraction is so painful it makes you lose weight? They are partly correct. But it is not so much of the pain that deters you from eating. Its actually the hassle of cleaning your mouth after a meal and the paranoia that the stitches will come off. It is also tiresome to chew only on one side of your mouth. And when the food accidentally crossed over to the affected side, you will end up with so much trouble just to shake off the food particles from there. I also found it so tiring to talk. So it explains why for wisdom tooth extraction, doctor will normally give 7 days of mc.  

So after this experience will I go for the next round soon? Hard to say. It took me 2 years to get my mind made up for this first one. Unfortunately the thought of the needle totally ruined any chance of me making another appointment in the immediate future. Whatever it is, I would like to get it removed as soon as possible before it rots and affect the rest of my teeth. Ok, maybe next year when my dental benefits gets reinstated. Hehehe.

Nevertheless, thank you Lord for blessing me with such perfect set of teeth, because others are not so lucky and had to resort to braces to fix it. This will inevitably cost more money. Already one visit to get my wisdom tooth surgically removed cost me a bomb. What more braces???

My two cents worth to those who are thinking of removing their wisdom tooth, just go for it. For me, the reason I decided to have it removed is not because it was causing me pain. The only 'pain' I had was the annoyance of food getting stucked. Its actually because I wanted to avoid going through the torturous pain synonymous with a wisdom tooth. So since both my wisdom tooth are growing at a perpendicular angle anyway, I decided to have it removed, starting with the left side. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.

Ok me gonna get some snooze. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts