My first wisdom teeth extraction.

Today is the day! Finally did it! Finally got my two wisdom teeth out!

Let me tell you.... it was scary shit! Even before I met the dentist, I was a nervous wreck.  My heart was beating so fast I was hoping its already over right there and then. But alas... reality is about to start. Haha.

The nurse brought me to a room where my dentist, Dr Gary, was already there. The only thing I had for breakfast was 4 slices of bread with lots of chocolate spread. Dr says can't eat for the whole day. Wtfbbq.

Anyway he took out his long ass syringe containing the anaesthesia. (I think its meant to knock out a horse or something.  Cos the needle is loooooong). Made a few injections here and there. He said its a slight pinch. But holyshit its not a pinch. Just imagine a needle poking your skin, but in your mouth. But I think its bearable. But the thought of the syringe...... eeeeeks!

He asked if I could feel my left lips (I was doing the left side today). He tried poking around and I told him I could still feel pain. He injected a few more dose. I stopped short of asking him, "was it cos I have so much fat in my cheek that it takes a longer time to kick in". Lol. Shall not embarrass myself!

I think he saw how afraid I was at the needle (cos I closed my eyes during the injections!!), he asked if I needed a blindfold. Duh! Of course I need a blindfold. But I could still see underneath what he's doing. But not as bad. I think the blindfold helps.

I could see he used this scrapper thing but I have no idea what its for. I could not feel anything at this point. Then after awhile, he told me he's gonna start drilling. I was like.... "eeeeeeeks!".... and like straight from a textbook, he said "it's okay just a slight pain".

Omg the drilling is so weird. Its like the sound you would hear during a house renovation! Lots of tugging and pressure applied on the teeth. At some points I wanted him to just stop. But.... must be brave! Hehehehe

The drilling went on for what felt like forever, when finally Dr told me, "you're going to hear a crack sound". The tooth is finally coming out! I could feel it. It felt like a pimple erupting. Haha! I think he used a few tools but the teeth was stubborn. The pulling was quite rough. The nurse had to push down my jaw while the Dr pull it out with his contraption. They did this twice, cos it was not successful the first time. When it finally came out, it felt like I just birthed a baby. Hehehehe! Then he went on to do a few stitches. Surprisingly I did not feel the needles poking into my gums.

So when that part was done, Dr did my top tooth. But before that, a few rounds of anaesthesia was applied ard my top gum. I think I have so much anaesthesia,  I can barely swallow my saliva. The left side of my mouth felt as numb as a brick.

The first tug he did came as a shock. I gave a loud "eeeeeeks". Hahahahahaha! Dr gave me a few seconds to get over initial shock. Then a few minutes later, it was out! It was so much easier than the bottom part.

So relieved that it was over!! Then the Dr gave me a few more injections so I won't feel the pain till I get home. I think I am more scared of the needle than the drilling. But if given the choice, I'd have neither.

My thoughts..... I have heard horror stories how their dental surgery was horrible. But thankfully my dentist knows what he's doing and he made sure I was comfortable the entire time. I mean... he gave me a blindfold. So that should count as something! My only gripe is, he is quite 'rough'. Don't know if its because extraction of wisdom tooth takes a lot of energy and tugging to pull out, but I was scared he might flung out his tools and hurt my mouth. Haha! I don't think I want to use him again in my next wisdom tooth appointment. But at least he is easy on the eyes.  So I wouldn't mind booking him for my next dental appointment. Hahahahahahahahaha!

Just in case he Googles himself, I think I better not write down where I go to do my dental. Paisei!

Anyway I am now a few (thousand) dollars poorer. Makes me wonder if the cost was worth it. Maybe I should do the next one at a cheaper clinic and make my own verdict if expensive = a smooth surgery and better service... or.... a cheaper alternative can provide just the same.

So Dr gave me 7 days worth of mc!! I love you Dr! And..... the anaesthesia is like almost wearing off. So I can sort of feel the pain now. But its still bearable.  I have to change the gauze every hour. Have to avoid food the whole day today. But Dr encourage me to eat ice cream!!! :):):)

Ok gonna find somethings to do to keep my mind off the pain.

Comments

Popular Posts