LESSON 2

Been meaning to update my second lesson at Nafa as soon as the class ended, but I just couldn't find the time to do it.

Anyhoo...

My second lesson was on last Thursday. It was held at a different campus, nearer to Bugis Junction, and right next to St Joseph church. And just like on Tuesday, I got lost trying to find the damn entrance! The gate facing the main road was pad-locked! Give me a break man. This school is notorious for not having adequate signboards and locking its students out pe?! But anyway, thanks to my travelling experience, and a bit of common sense, i noticed the building I was facing was just a single storey. The class I was suppose to go to was on level 2. So there must be another part of the building nearby that's at least 2 stories high. At first I hesitated cos the only way around the building was through the St Joseph church carpark. I was like...  This can't be... Cos on Tuesday I had to walk through a hotel building just so I can go home via bugis street as the campus door was locked. Don't tell me this campus also requires its students to walk through someone else's backyard! True enough, I was right. The main entrance was via St Joseph church carpark. Unbelievable! Tsk!

Thursday's class was all about apparel design. It was taught by a different lecturer from Tuesday's lesson. I am extremely uncomfortable in her class. And I can sense the rest are too. She reminds me of Miranda Priestley from The Devil Wears Prada. She is so high maintenance I felt inferior in her presence. She is unforgiving but I also think she is being realistic. But like I say man.  I am not here to join some competition. And I did not sign up for this course to make fashion my only source of rice bowl. Cos if I want to make it my day job, I would have signed up for the full time course instead. But then again, let's be honest. Why do you think Ashley Isham went to London? And just how many from Singapore are as lucky as him?

Regardless, during the 3 hours I was in the class, we went through the history of fashion. Bet you didn't know there was a loooooooooong ass history just on women's fashion that dates back to the stone ages. Lol. As we were going through the 20s, 50s and 60s fashion, can't help it but notice something. That women's fashion sense is as fickle-minded as women itself. During the 1920s, when women were liberated from the corset, they wore loose-fitting clothes that doesn't show their curves. Then after the war, during the 1950s, women want their waist back. Hence the corset became a wardrobe essential again. And all these while, men's clothes have always been consistent. Except they now have jeans in their wardrobe. But suits have always remained the same as it was in 1920s. Amazing right? Lol.

So my homework after the lesson was to choose which era I wanna work on. And figure out how I want to incorporate in my 2016 collection. Lol. Wth.

Comments

Popular Posts