3rd Week of Lesson

Can't believe 3rd week of school just come and gone. 6 more weeks and its the end of the term. So fast and so sad!

Anyway, Tuesday's lesson was extremely fun! We had to apply a green emulsion onto our silkscreen. The emulsion is light sensitive. So we had to do it in the dark! Once dried, we used this old scary UV machine that looked like the gates of hell, to 'burn' the image on our silkscreen. But that's the fun and easy part. The difficult part was actually the washing! My classmate used the jet spray as it was the fastest way. But alas, it tore into her design. So scardy cat me used a normal running tap water to wash mine. After I'm done, my waist hurt, and my fingers shriveled. BUT, I was pleased with how it turned out. The moment of truth came when I had to test 'print' it....  See my product below!

Soooo awesome. If anyone wants to have their tees or bags printed with my design, let me know. Hahahaha! Btw, the inspiration for the design came at the very last minute. I saw this flower art at Ikea, and i immediately thought of this. The stripes was inspired from a pop art of Mao Zedong. Didn't think I have an ounce of creativity in my head. But surprisingly, I do!

Thursday's lesson though....

I dunno leh. My classmates were complaining how much work the lecturer is making them do. I won't deny that it is a lot of work. During the second lesson, she wanted us to do research not just on the clothes people wore back then, but also the history of what went on...  Be it in politics, movies, technology, demographics, financial background... We thought we had only a week to do everything because on the 3rd week, we have to start sketching based on our research.

But when the 3rd lesson came, seems like most didn't bother to do research on all that, except for pictures showing what people wear. I felt so cheated cos I spent the entire week researching for this shit. And the lecturer was more inclined with the 'research' work produced by these students. And she gave us 2 more weeks to finalise our research work. Wtf. But I don't care lah. If anything, I think all the research I did will just serve to benefit me with my work. I hope...  Shall not waste all that sacrificed sleep for nothing!

Nevertheless, quite excited for what's to come on Thursday's lesson. We're finally starting to rough sketch our designs! Let's see if my drawing is anywhere close to the lecturer's. Lol!

Comments

Popular Posts