Wisdom tooth extration part 2

Took me close to a year to book an appointment for my last 2 wisdom tooth extraction. The last ordeal was really tiring, and I didn't feel like going thru it again. But recently, the top tooth has been rubbing against the skin, causing ulcers to form around the area. So fuck it man. Just get it over and done with.

Anyway, good thing I waited a year to do it. Cos I believe in that 1 year, my dentist has actually improved on his technique.

A year ago, it took him almost 2 hours to get both my left tooth out, and I remember having multiple injections of the LA. Last Saturday's operation however, was a million times better. I was out in 1 hour tops and there was no need for excessive LA. And the best part is, there was a better placement of the stitching, such that it doesn't make swallowing an uncomfortable experience. Which is perhaps why I have no trouble eating. Bleeding also seem to completely stop by the 3rd day.

I am so freaking glad to have all 4 teeth removed. I am done with digging out food lodged in between crevices after every meal.

Anyway, if you're interested to know the cost:

For the surgical removal of 1 impacted tooth, 1 simple tooth extraction, and medication, it cost me $1,391.00, before medisave. I did mine at a clinic near my home. There is a follow up procedure to remove the stitching, normally 1 week later.

I was told that hospitals charge much cheaper and there is no need for a follow up to remove the stitching (I heard they use plastic type of thread that breaks on its own).

If you ask me which ones to choose, I don't really care. Depends on your budget I guess. For me, I prefer the convenience of being near home.

Comments

Popular Posts