Our first budget

So many things to do! But so little time! And in all that chaosness,  we finally made the time to purchase a ring!

We went to 2 shops first before we settled with the 3rd. I didn't know rings can be so bloody expensive! I have never own a gold ring or diamond ring before. So I had no clue what about a ring that I should like. To me, they all looked the same. My boyfriend had a budget to stick to and we don't see why we should splurge so much for an engagement ring. So I told him we just try to get anything that is close to $200. My boyfriend did warn me it would be difficult to find one of that price range . And he advised me to get something I truly like and not just cos of the price.

I didn't care much at first. But after the 2nd shop, we realised its quite impossible to find something decent at $200. I actually liked something from the 2nd shop. Cost just over the $200 budget. But as much as I love the view from the top, I hated the view from the side. Anyway, we only saw two shops at this point. So we felt we should survey some more.

Then finally, we went to Lee Hwa Jewellery.

Service was like walking into my usual hair salon. They served freaking tea! Lol. We straight out told the salesman what's our budget and what's our criteria. Immediately his face was like....  Err.... Ok la. Time to up sikit the budget....

He came along with 5 pieces to choose from. Hated the fact that none of the rings he brought could fit me. So I had no idea what it looks like on my fat fingers. The first three were within my boyfriend's revised budget. But I didn't even bother to look at the design, cos I hated how huge the diamond is. So left with 2 more choices.  One has 3 claws and the other 4. Well, I have no idea what people see in 3 or 4 claws. So I seriously didn't care. I initially liked the 3 claws. But overtime, I fell in love with the other one. When we found out the price tag, I was like...  Masyallah! How do I get out of this shit. Hahahahaha!

My boyfriend and I had a long ass discussion why we should buy or shouldn't buy. But if judging from what we saw in the first 2 shops, the next one would probably carry a similar price range. Anyway, I love the clarity of the diamond, and felt maybe that's why its so expensive. For him, he is more concern if I like the ring vs just buying it cos its cheap. And the more we talked, we felt an engagement ring (and even a wedding ring) is for a lifetime. So yeah, we got it in the end.

Stressful pe nak cari cincin tunang! I am not sure if there's a nicer design elsewhere for a similar price. But I think had we continued looking for more, I can guarantee it will only make me more fickle-minded.

Anyway, as a thank you, I am also giving him something in return la. Fair and square! Later in the day, we're shopping for my clothes. No freaking idea what the budget gonna be like this time. Lol!

Comments

Popular Posts