Me? A designer? Lol!

Took leave today just to head down to NAFA to sign up for a part time course in... Fashion Design! (Note: admission office is only open on weekdays until 5pm.. which was why I took leave from work to come).

The registration period started today at 9.30am. When I got there at about 4pm, I was shocked to know there were limited places left. There were actually 2 classes available. Each class can only take in 12 students. The class I wanted (Tuesdays and Thursdays) had only 3 slots left. Wtf. Thank god I decided to be kiasu and apply for the course today! The total damage for 4 courses was almost $1.5K!

I guess you must be laughing and wondering... why??????

Well, I used to find happiness in travelling. But I soon got sick of it. The planning process can sometimes be such a chore! I thought I ought to take a break for now, and spend my money on short courses instead. There is also another reason why I decided to put my travelling plans on hold... the wedding. Lol.

Initially I wanted to learn mandarin, but I guess that plan will have to wait... cos I found something even more fun to do. And which I hope will take my mind off work. It would be so cool to wear my own designs, right? Its also a useful life skill ok!

Anyway, if you're thinking of doing something similar, you can! There's a lot of short courses available. You just need to google for them. I found a few sewing classes, before I decided on NAFA. It was cheaper than the other nyonya-runned classes, and its a prestigious school, which is a bonus.

I decided that life is too short and we should learn as much as possible and remember to have fun in the process.

(I noticed a few of my friends on facebook going through a similar transition in their lives.... which is great! I hope their actions will inspire someone who thinks they're caught in a rut to start finding their own happiness. Life is not just about work and making money ok?).

Comments

  1. I support you!!. haha
    me just enrol in bridal make-up course too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts