Last sewing assignment

Took leave yesterday just to freaking finish up on my sewing. Assignment's due the following day. We were only required to hand in, minimum, our toile (test garment). I was 90% done on that, but I didn't feel like completing the rest of it. So I decided to start on the actual garment.

I started cutting cutting out the fabric since around 9am yesterday. I spent the entire day sewing like mad! Paused for 2 hours to head down to Chinatown to buy zippers and some other stuffs (I bought the wrong type of zipper anyway). 

Everything was going fine, until the zipper installation. I just ran out of luck. Things were not going my way. I didn't get to complete the hem and the trimmings on the arm hole, and the batwing sleeves and zip were poorly constructed. My $15 dollar dress has become a $15 mess. ='(

How do these project runway people complete their tasks man. Don't they overlock their garment? Overlocking mine took 2 to 3 hours maybe.

Fuck it la. I'll just correct it after the class is over.

Speaking of which, tonight is the last day of my dressmaking class. I learnt how to construct and sew a dress in 5 days. Wtf. Didn't think it was possible. But it is! So proud of myself.

Next up, I'm not sure if I should take up a course on men's wear, or a course on shoe construction or.... Mandarin.

Comments

Popular Posts