Where you go

Its been 2 months since my last update and lots has happened.

For a start, I have completed my Fashion Design course. Turned up for every lesson eventhough in the initial part I felt like giving up. And after 16 weeks of intense training, I came up with a circular skirt for the assignment. I have worn it once to work before and a couple of my colleagues were amazed at how simple it was to sew it...  (But they have no idea the trouble I had to go through to make the pattern pieces).

Not too long ago, I signed up for an additional 3 weeks dress making classes with Nafa. We just completed the first lesson today. And it was so overwhelming! So much to take note of just to make the torso block! And we haven't even touch on the sleeves yet. 

Other than being consumed with my course, I have been busy planning for my family's vacation. After much deliberation, we finally decided on Turkey! We didn't do any homework beforehand except that we were presented with a good airfare deal.

Only after the flight was paid for and confirmed, did I realise how difficult it is to travel within Turkey. The places of interest are spread out in many different parts of the country. To get from one place to another may take up to 10 hours by bus or train! I remember how much I hated the 11 hour bus ride from Johor to Terengganu..  AND BACK, that I swear never to take another bus ride of such distance. So to save time, we're taking airplane. And surprisingly, flights are super cheap! I did not pay anything more than S$50 for any of the flights.  And the ticket includes 20kg of luggage and meal. But the airport transfers je la yang buat parah.

Man, I really cannot wait to go to Turkeyyyy! A country full of history, feels so privileged just to be there.

Comments

Popular Posts