Marriage

Marriage was not something my boyfriend and I talked about until early this year. We got so excited with the house, we just wanted to speed up everything else in our lives. I thought a November 2014 wedding was a reasonable time frame. It also freed up December for my boyfriend to take up photography jobs. So win-win.

BUT..... reality. I didn't want to accept this problem we have, but it is a problem we have to solve before we even get married. We don't have a place to stay while waiting for our home to be completed in 2018. I shall not elaborate the situation here, but whenever this topic is brought up in our conversation, it always end in tears.

Secondly, money. I have no idea if we're earning enough. And there's the uncertainty about our career and future, more so for him.

I was disappointed, obviously. But I guess no point rushing into a marriage if one of us feels they're not ready.... financially.  At least the thought that someone is thinking long term should make me feel somewhat.... secure? I dunno lah.

Comments

Popular Posts